I have been vegan since September 2016 and I must say I am living every minute of it. The way my found is so colorful and fresh and how it makes me feel inside and out. The best ways that I connect with my food and how I feel the most fulfilled it with a crisp salad or with a delicious smoothie. (recipe for smoothies coming soon)
Please keep in mind that you can add or take away whatever you want from your salad. Your food should never be forced it should always be about what you love, add fruit, add some fresh nuts or grains to it. Whatever is going to satisfy you inside and out and make you enjoy what you are eating. These are just my favorite salad toppings and my favorite all natural dressing to make. It’s rich and creamy and it is a perfect topping for any salad.
1 Ripe Tomato
5-8 Lettuce Leaves
2 Green Onions
1/4 Can of Chickpeas
- Rinse off your vegetables
- Chop the vegetables to the desired sized that you want. I like chunky veggies but if you want your smaller the choice is yours.
- Rinse the garbanzo beans and put the extra ones in a reusable container.
- Construct your salad and get ready for some dressing.
Avocado Dressing Ingredients:
2 Ripe Avocados
1/2 of a Lime Squeezed
1/2 1 Small Apple *use a Gala or Pink Lady because they are sweeter
1/4 tsp of Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp of Pink Himalayan Salt (or salt of your choice)
1/4 tsp of Pepper
1/2 cup of water
- Place all the ingredients in a blender. I am able to use my Ninja Bullet to make this dressing so no worries if you don’t have a big blender. A food processor will also work.
- Blend the ingredients until they reach desired consistency. If you like your dressing a little more runny add a little more water until it looks the way you want it to look.
- You can also add more salt or pepper to get it to your desired taste level but this is just the bare minimum.
- Pour over the salad and enjoy (this makes enough for more than one salad. Store in a mason jar and keep for 2-3 days)
Let me know what you love on your salads and if you decide to make this salad or the dressing. Let me know in the comments or on my social media on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #RandiBomb! Always remember to Take care of your people, take care of the environment and take care of the animals.